The Global Village is a unique internship program for teaching conversational English, Spanish, Chinese, German, Russian, Portuguese or French to Dankook University students. Participants will lead small groups in daily language classes for three weeks before continuing onto the Academic Program. View program website at this link
- Undergraduate or graduate students fluent in speaking one of more of the listed languages.
- Applications are only open to students participating in the Academic Program.
- After an initial screening process of a students application, a Skype interview MIGHT be arranged.
- Open to all majors
- Requires approval from CSULB's Asian and Asian American Studies Department
- Flight reimbursement up to $1000 (for teaching two sessions) upon successful completion of the Global Village.
- Internship Certificate of Achievement
- Free on-campus accommodation during the Global Village time period.
- Arrival: June 24, 2019
- Orientation: TBA
- Classes: July 12, 2019
The Academic Program offers a variety of courses taught in English by international faculty or faculty from Dankook University. View program website at this link
Academic Program Schedule
- Course Dates: Monday - Thursday, no classes on Fridays
- Course Times: Morning 9:00 - 12:00 / Afternoon 1:00 - 4:00
- Course Hours: 3 hours/day for 15 days
- Course List: view the 2018 class list at this link after mid-January
- Students can take 1 or 2 classes worth 3 credits each.
Optional Cultural Activities
- Arrival: July 15, 2019
- Departure: August 18, 2019
- Cultural activities will follow classes every day and field trips are held on Fridays.
- Activities include; Ceramic Art, Calligraphy, Korean Traditional Music, Korean Traditional Dance, Making Kimchi, Taekwondo, Nonverbal Musical, DMZ Tour, Temple Stay, Mus Festival, Fold Village, Amusement Park, etc.
- Students can select activities during the application period and pay for the selected activities at orientation.
- Tuition: CSULB Tuition ($945 per class)
- Students will be registered for INTL 200 or INTL 400 at CSULB as a study abroad holding course
- Insurance: $85
- Housing: $500
- Travel: $2,000 (includes airfare and some meals)
For additional questions about the program please contact Kandis Pogoda (Kandis.Pogoda@csulb.edu).
ASI-CSULB Study Abroad Scholarship
A limited number of $750 scholarships are available for short-term, study abroad programs.
for more information and to apply for the scholarship.
Deadline to apply for scholarships: March 11, 2019