Explore CSULB Programs
How to Research and Select a Program:In order to maximize your study abroad experience as a whole, you will need to think about where you want to study and how you plan to incorporate these experiences into your studies.
Consider the following questions as you explore the searchable database to find programs suitable for your area of study, geographic interests, and career goals.
You can also search by a specific type of study abroad program.
- CSULB Exchange Programs (Study abroad at one of CSULB’s university partners for a semester or year.)
- CSULB Semester Programs (Study abroad with a CSULB professor in Costa Rica, Florence, or London for a semester.)
- CSULB Short-Term Programs (Study abroad on a CSULB faculty-led Summer or Winter course)
- CSU International Programs (Study abroad through one of the CSU IP systemwide programs for a year or semester.)
- Independent Programs (Study or intern abroad through an affiliate partner of CSULB for a Semester, Summer, or Online/Virtual.)
Do you have a specific subject area (major/minor) that you want to focus on while abroad?
How much time do you want to spend abroad?
How does study abroad fit into your degree completion requirements?
Does the program have language requirements? If so, do you meet the requirements?
Is obtaining academic credit important or do you want to go mainly for the experience or to explore family roots?
What countries, cultures, languages interest you?
Are there events or issues happening in the location that intrigue you and that you would like to learn more about?
What is your budget?
Are you in need of financial assistance to help finance your program?
Are you interested in participating in an internship or service learning opportunity while abroad?
What will boost résumé and/or graduate school applications?