Located just outside Taipei, Tamkang University’s "Triple Objectives of Education," which include globalization, information-oriented education, and future-oriented education, were established by the Founder of Tamkang University, Dr. Clement C. P. Chang. Dr. Chang states that “since TKU's founding, these Triple Objectives have formed the primary direction for TKU development". TKU's ultimate goal is to serve the broader community by providing its graduates with cross-disciplinary knowledge and international perspectives. Tamkang offers beginning level Chinese language study.
- Student population: 26,729
- Total International Students: 984
- Total Faculty: 824
- Total Colleges: 8
- Courses Taught in English: 752
Academic Calendar: http://english.tku.edu.tw/StudyinTKU_ImportantInformation.asp
Courses taught in English
- College of Liberal Arts – Chinese, History, Information and Library Science, Mass Communication, Information and Communication
- College of Science – Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry
- College of Engineering – Architecture, Civil Engineering, Water Resources and Environmental Engineering, Mechanical and Electro-Mechanical Engineering, Chemical and Materials Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science and Information Engineering, Aerospace Engineering
- College of Business and Management – International Business, Banking and Finance, Insurance, Industrial Economics, Economics, Business Administration, Accounting, Statistics, Information Management, Transportation Management, Public Administration, Management Sciences
- College of Foreign Languages and Literature – English, Spanish, French, German, Japanese, Russian
- College of International Studies – Graduate Institute of: European Studies, Americas, International Affairs and Strategic Studies, Asian Studies, China Studies
- College of Education – Educational Technology, Graduate Institute of Educational Policy and Leadership, Graduate Institute of Educational Psychology and Counseling, Graduate Institute of Futures Studies, Graduate Institute of Curriculum and Instruction, Center for Teacher Education, General Education and Core Curriculum
- College of Global Entrepreneurial Development – Innovative Information and Technology, International Tourism Management, Multicultural and Linguistic Studies, Global Political Economy
While studying at TKU, you can choose from a variety of student housing options, both on and off campus. Alternatively, you may want to rent or share an apartment off campus.
for more information about student accommodation at TKU.
Students who are eligible for financial aid may apply their award package to most semester or year long study abroad programs. Students are also eligible for either need-based subsidized or unsubsidized non-need-based federal direct loans. A list of alternative student loans is available in the CSULB Office of Financial Aid (BH-123).
Additional financing information can be found at this webpage