Located in the East Midlands about one hour by train from London, Nottingham Trent University is a modern, forward thinking university with a long heritage. It is one of the largest and most popular universities in the UK. Depending on your major you will study on one of the two distinct campus sites.
- The NTU City site is ideally located in Nottingham's cosmopolitan city centre with over 16,000 students. Exchange students may selected courses from the Business School or the School of Art and Design.
- The Clifton campus is a self-contained, modern campus about 15 minutes from the city center with its own Students' Union bar, gym, shop, cafes, library and brand new accommodations. You will belong to a community of 7,000 students and may select courses from the Arts and Humanities.
For a virtual tour of Nottingham Trent University (including accommodations), click here
For more information about the city of Nottingham, click here
For photos of Nottingham Trent University, see our facebook page
- Approximately 27,000 students
- About 2,600 international students
- Currently offers over 500 courses
- Awarded Green Flags for their Brackenhurst and Clifton campuses for the most sustainable universities in the world
- Holds an award-winning Global Week event -- an annual celebration of their rich and culturally diverse international community.
In the UK a course is the degree program or major and classes are called modules. Some modules are year-long so it is not possible to study at NTU for one semester in some majors.
For Arts and Humanities
module selections for 2016-17 click here, Arts and Humanities Exchange Handbook.2016-17.pdf
For Arts and Humanities
module descriptions click here
For Business and Economics
modules, you must select by Clicking on this link
. (Select modules from the "Incoming Exchange Options" pdf and then download the "module specification" for each module you are requesting to submit to CBA for approval.)
To determine the CSULB equivalency for UK module credits divide the UK credits by four (e.g., 20 UK credits equals 5 CSULB units).
for information about student accommodations at NTU.
Students who are eligible for financial aid may apply their award package to most semester or year long study abroad programs. Students are also eligible for either need-based subsidized or unsubsidized non-need-based federal direct loans. A list of alternative student loans is available in the CSULB Office of Financial Aid (BH-123).
This round of applications is for students who have a study abroad placement commencing in either September 2014 or January 2015. Your place must be for a minimum of one semester.
The value of each scholarship is £500
and will be paid to the winners once they have arrived and registered at the University of Kent.
Application deadline: June 15, 2015
For further details of how to apply for this scholarship please link to www.butex.ac.uk
Additional financing information can be found at this webpage
Click the link below for comments and advice from our returning students on attending the Nottingham-Trent University!
Nottingham Trent University Testimonial