Study Abroad with the Barcelona Experts!
Barcelona Study Abroad Experience (SAE)
is the leader in Barcelona Study Abroad
. We provide superior quality study abroad program options in Barcelona that incorporate a strong intercultural element for our students. All aspects of the program incorporate experiential learning and cultural immersion in order to open the eyes of the next generation of leaders to a global world.
The Barcelona International College Semester Program
offers students the incredible opportunity to vastly improve their Spanish language skills while earning college credit with courses in English, specially designed for them. The Barcelona International College is located in the heart of the Eixample district
of Barcelona - a beautiful area of the city constructed in the 19th and 20th centuries in typical Modernist fashion. All BIC courses are accredited by Jacksonville University in Florida which will facilitate credit transfers back to your home university.
In addition to the list of what's included in every semester abroad program with Barcelona SAE, students studying on the Barcelona International College Semester Program get to go on an extra overnight excursion at no extra cost!
GPA 2.5 required
Language of instruction: English and Spanish
A partial list of courses available include:
• Spanish Language at all levels
• Spanish Civilization and Culture
• Famous 20th Century Painters: Dalí, Picasso and Miró
• International Business and Marketing
• Barcelona and its Historical Foundations
• The City of Marvels: Barcelona Through its Literature
• Introduction to the European Union
The complete list of courses can be found here
All courses include academic field studies that allow students to use Barcelona as their living classroom. From art museums to walking tours of hidden gems in the city, professors of BIC enhance the students' experience by making the most of the time abroad both inside and outside the classroom.
Intensive Spanish Language Focus
Spanish language acquisition is a top priority at BIC and there are options from beginner to advanced levels. An average class size of 5 students means that students get intensive Spanish practice and are able to create very close relationships with professors and classmates. Weekly tutoring is also available for those who are interested. Students often say that their BIC Spanish language teachers are the best teachers they've ever had!
The modern facilities at the Barcelona International College include study lounges, wi-fi, sun decks, and outdoor terraces with cafés where international students hang out.
Highlights of the BIC facilities:
• Great location in residential area close to Barcelona city center
• International students from around the world taking Spanish classes on campus
• The café allows the students a place to hang out, and the study rooms provide space for quiet or group work
• Free wifi and computer lab
• Fully equipped classrooms
• Roof terrace
• US university transcript!