Study abroad in Thailand and Cambodia in one semester. Spend two months in Chiang Mai, Thailand, followed by two months in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Study Abroad in Thailand
Thailand is truly a land of contrasts, a delightful mix of frenetic energy and serene moments. Hold tight as your tuk-tuk careens high-speed down crowded alleyways, around each corner a new delight. It might be a couple of young, orange-cloaked monks in quiet conversation or the rush of what seems like a thousand mopeds competing for the street. Venture into the bustling markets, a tapestry of exotic tropical fruits and brightly colored spices overloading the senses. Stop to eavesdrop on a lively bartering exchange or simply to have a heavenly foot massage. From the gorgeous countryside of rice fields to jungle-clad mountains to world famous beaches – whether it be big bustling cities or quiet ancient temples – the natural beauty, the friendliness of the people, and its rich culture make Thailand a simply irresistible destination.
Study Abroad in Cambodia
Angkor Wat’s majestic honeycombed towers stand in stark contrast to Cambodia’s sobering monument for victims of the Khmer Rouge in the 1970s. As the country picks itself up and steps bravely into the expanding Asian market, students have the unrivaled opportunity to witness the power of the human spirit. Weave your way through twisting markets, give in to the smiles of local children and spend a morning peacefully reflecting on all you’ve taken in.
- Study in two distinct locations in Southeast Asia in Thailand and Cambodia
- Learn both the Thai and Cambodian languages
- Study with students and professors from all over Southeast Asia in Chiang Mai
- Interact with local Cambodians on the English-speaking campus of Pannasastra University of Cambodia (PUC)
- Comprehensive three-day Orientation Program in Chiang Mai, including a day with Southeast Asia’s majestic elephants, plus other cultural activities and orientation sessions designed to help you feel adjusted and ready to jump into your semester in Southeast Asia.
The Associated Students Inc. (ASI) and the Center for International Education are pleased to announce
a new scholarship to enable more students to study abroad.
A limited number of $1,000 travel stipends are available for semester programs.
for more information and to apply for the scholarships.
Deadline to apply for scholarships: October 1, 2015