Beijing Normal University is a renowned institution of higher education known for teacher education, education science and basic learning in both the arts and the sciences. It is acknowledged as one of the nation’s first ten key universities.
Renowned for its rich educational resources, Beijing Normal University is one of the national bases for talent development of high quality and creativity. It houses 2 national bases for a basic foundation for talents and scientific research in the arts, 5 national bases for a basic foundation for scientific research and teacher development in the sciences, 5 innovative exemplary laboratories for human resource development of the Ministry of Education, and 3 national exemplary centers for experimental education. The school also has a national base for talent training in the life sciences and technology, a national base for the teaching of Chinese as a second language and a national base for university students in quality-oriented education.
- 22 schools and colleges, 2 departments, 24 research institutes(centers)
- 57 undergraduate majors, 162 Master’s degree programs, 100 Ph.D. programs,18 different circulating post-doctoral posts, and 16 first-level subjects in the Ph.D. and Master’s degree programs
- 1,860 long-term international students
- 8,746 undergraduates, including 2895 state-funded teacher trainees
- The University area: 172.65 acres
- The library collection: over 3.88 million volumes and 678 GB of digital resources.
- Orientation Period: Mid February
- Class begins: End of February
- Class ends (exams): End of June (for Chinese language students); early mid July (for students studying at academic faculties)
- Orientation Period: Early September
- Class begins: Mid September
- Class ends (exams): Early or mid January
Major & Course Registration
- Spring Semester Courses (offered in English) 2016
- ?These courses may be from a past semester but they don't change very much from year to year.
- Fall Semester Courses (offered in English) 2016
- ??These courses may be from a past semester but they don't change very much from year to year.
- College of Chinese Language and Culture Course Catalog
- Semester Course Load: 3-5 courses/semester
- Restrictions: Students must choose to study at one particular school or department and choose courses within this school
- Foreign language courses: Students can choose Chinese language courses (from beginner level to advanced level); however, if students choose to study at other academic schools or departments, then they can take one Chinese language course for free and other language courses are offered with charge
- Course Registration Period: After arrival at Beijing Normal University
Beijing Normal University offers dorms at the residence building for international students. The prices can range between 60-95 Yuan RMB/day.
Students who are eligible for financial aid may apply their award package to most semester or year long study abroad programs. Students are also eligible for either need-based subsidized or unsubsidized non-need-based federal direct loans. A list of alternative student loans is available in the CSULB Office of Financial Aid (BH-123).
Additional financing information can be found at this webpage